So I found an article a christian wrote online a few months ago and I thought I would copy and paste some highlights I made to a response to the deluded individual who failed to do anything but waste everyone’s time and help me to make an article that shatters common christian arguments.
The christian has the incorrect view and statement that people are NOT born atheists.
Now the article was quite ridiculous, but I am bringing this up because this isn’t new and these are things religious people say every day. So I will address a few things and clear the air on this.
In this we will also address and talk about “Atheism” “child indoctrination” and “belief”.
Yes it’s true. We are born Atheists until:
– We’re mentally poisoned with religions which are all lies and nonsense.
– We’re child indoctrinated and mentally conditioned to deny any other reality.
– We’re brainwashed when older by being exploited from being in a state of being caught while mentally, or emotionally vulnerable.
– We’re lied to and deceived by people who are so amazing at brainwashing people because they themselves are brainwashed (which is why it feels so natural).
> Deceivers like cult leaders though are true masters. (belief for the brainwashers though is unecessary)
The christian said this:
“Atheism, at its core and true definition, is the belief that God doesn’t exist.”
The christian is soooo wrong on this, but I gather that the reasoning behind the christian’s thinking is because he is superimposing and projecting his own brainwashed thinking into the minds of Atheists (so he thinks).
– What the christian doesn’t understand is that a mind that is free to think on it’s own and not brainwashed to be the slave of a delusion, thinks differently than theirs.
– The christian has it completely wrong when he says that “Atheists believe there is no god” because that is NOT how our brains work.
– The correct term is “ATHEISTS DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD”
– Atheist’s brains work on evidence and rationality you see and religious people’s brains work on faith and delusional belief.
Carl Sagan said it best when he said:
“You can’t convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it’s based on a deep seated need to believe.”
Also Bertrand Russell:
“What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite”.
– Atheism is the neutral position.
– Atheists simply DO NOT BELIEVE because we have no reason to believe.
– Atheists simply acknowledge what we know to be real because of evidence and science.
– Atheists are not religious and not believers of gods because there is no reason or evidence that we should be.
– “Deists” might believe in intelligent design and various other beliefs, but not a religion.
– Religious believers believe in all kinds of things.
– Atheists DO NOT BELIEVE in gods, or the truth of religions, because there is no evidence to believe.
– If Atheists had evidence to believe in gods, or religions being based on real things then we would believe.
As Richard Carrier brilliantly explains:
– Even Christianity’s hero William Lane Craig agrees:
The christian then says….
“A belief requires a certain amount of cognitive ability. With this ability one forms a belief through various means of knowledge acquisition.”
So what kind of belief is something if you don’t believe it because there is no evidence, or sound scientific theories?
– Believing something that has no evidence and makes no sense is in no way interpretted as knowledge, but of delusion.
The christian also said….
“As babies we lack this ability to form meaningful beliefs.”
The christian actually raised a good point.
– Until children are child indoctrinated to only believe nonsense, or to be brought up having a SOUND KNOWLEDGE OF THE SCIENTIFIC WORLD instead.
– Science makes sense.
– Science isn’t always right and can change with evidence.
– Religion teaches to ignore evidence.
– Religion teaches to believe things that make no sense and have no evidence.
Case in point:
“The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree…”
– As many times as I ask, no christian has yet to explain how that makes any sense, just that “because it doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean it doesn’t make sense”.
LOL Yeah like that’s an answer.
The christian uses an example…
“My niece just turned six the other day, and while she knows what she likes and doesn’t like, and I love her to death I wouldn’t trust her on making certain decisions, or trust her on some beliefs she may currently hold: such as she should ALWAYS get her way.”
Yeah we sure don’t want people thinking for themselves, or turning into freethinkers do we?
– I guess the christian is saying one of 2 things.
1) His niece hasn’t been shown and taught what is universal and demonstratably true through scientific interpretation.
2) She hasn’t been brainwashed enough yet to completely make her deny all evidence against anything that might disprove christianity.
– So she must have religious delusions programmed into her because her christian uncle and family doesn’t want her to have the ability to doubt, or think for herself.
– The christian does not want his niece to have the ability to rationally say “this religion and all other religions make no sense and have no evidence”.
– Now this is the problem I have with religion is that it causes the lack of the ability of independent thought, but also the lack of thought period.
Another Bertrand Russell quote:
“So far as I can remember there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.”
“For sure, at some point we develop our cognitive abilities to the degree that we feel we can make rational decisions and form rational beliefs.
The christian then asserts…
“But as babies, since we lack this ability does that make us atheists at birth?
Actually yes it does.
– Babies are born not believing in god, or gods and their religion is programmed into them later through child indoctrination rather than allowing them to come to their own conclusions through scientific theory, or simple observation.
– If they were simply raised in a colony of people that weren’t necessarily Atheists, but simply kept religions to themselves and were schooled and educated on science and demostratably real things, then how would they be subjected to any religion?
– Was the christian I respond to here implying that they would just naturally be religious?
> Even if that were true it would mean that they created a religion themselves from scratch and it wouldn’t be any religion that would resemble christianity, or any other religion.
> This creation of a religion from scratch is due to imagination and lack of information.
> There is no reason this should happen in this day and age.
– The only reason the christian believes his non-sensical lie religion is because that is the one he was brainwashed to as a child.
– Just like other people are religious because that was the religion that they were brainwashed to, no matter what religion they are, that is why they believe it.
The christian then says….
“At this moment and for some time beyond we truly lack the ability to form meaningful beliefs.”
What the christian fails to tell us is why it’s meaningful to believe in things that make no sense and have no evidence and are no different than any other religion that makes no sense and has no evidence.
– If the christian meant “beliefs” as “a simple way of thinking” then he fails completely since people don’t need religions, or belief in gods to be good, or to be defined as a moral human being.
– In fact people are better off without religion when it comes to morality and are far superior in the morality department if they aren’t religious.
Religion itself actually blinds people from being moral and knowing right from wrong.
– If we look at my list you can see what I mean:
There are many points I make but specifically regarding morals let’s talk about 1,2,4 and 8.
– As an Atheist I know what right and wrong actually are far better than any religious person who are doing nothing but following the guidelines of an imaginary telepathic crime boss.
– Even now christians are attempting to fuel the world’s lack of morality by spreading their faith virus to others.
The christian then makes this bold statement…
“I call BS on atheism being just a “lack of belief”, I explained how that definition makes it meaningless – for a rock can be considered an atheist then.”
– Does the christian believe in smurfs?
– Does he have reasons to believe that smurfs exist, or don’t exist?
> They’re based on a cartoon maybe?
> They would have been discovered by now.
> They would have all been dead by now.
> Whatever reasons the christian might have.
– So does the christian BELIEVE smurfs do not exist because he has reasons, or EVIDENCE?
> Now try the same thing with God….
– Atheists have no evidence, or reasons to believe, or disbelieve in God simply for the reason because there is no evidence of God, nothing.
– Atheists have no belief in God because there is no reason to believe, or disbelieve, there simply is no evidence.
– There is no reason to believe a god exists, but no reason to believe God DOESN’T exist, but it just seems highly unlikely and illogical, but we await evidence that would change our minds.
> So in other words “I have no belief in God”.
> You could say that “I have no belief in God NOT existing” also, but it still wouldn’t be a belief because there still wouldn’t be a reason for that either if there isn’t any evidence either way.
– Now if you wanted to go the other route and say “Atheists believe christianity to not be true and every other religion” well that would be true, but certain Atheists like myself would KNOW christianity to not be true because we have examined the evidence against it and the lack of evidence for it.
– There are many reasons why Atheists believe christianity and all other religions are not true and are complete lies and delusion.
Coincidentally though, the same reasons that christians have for believing all other religions to be false are the same reasons that I have for believing christianity and all the other religions are false.
– The only reason that christians BELIEVE in God is because they are brainwashed to believe in christianity and brainwashed to somehow believe that the gods of their religion Yahweh, Jesus and Satan are real and that Yahweh is the omnipotent master of the universe, or that Jesus and Yahweh are the same.
– Both are a belief and both are a delusion.
> More specifically is that the “god” of their belief is a delusion.
The christian continues….
“Atheism IS a belief.
Thus, we are not born atheist, theist, agnostic, or anything.
We are born into pure neutrality.”
This particular christian just gets dumber and dumber with every sentence.
– The christian is defining Atheism like a religion.
– Atheism IS THE NEUTRAL POSITION! Why is this so hard for christians to realize?
– Let’s give some examples here…..
Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair color.
Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby.
Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position.
Atheism is a religion like “off” is a TV channel.
Atheism is a religion like “barefoot” is a shoe.
Atheism is a religion like “unemployed” is a career.
Atheism is a religion like “clear” is a color.
Atheism is a religion like being sane is a mental illness.
Atheism is a religion like following the law is a crime.
Atheism is a religion like “healthy” is a disease.
Atheism is a religion like invisible is something you see.
The christian continues….
“We can’t form any belief. We need evidence based on facts and evidence.”
– I was so shocked to hear a christian say “anything about needing evidence”.
– Of course we can form beliefs.
– I really have no idea what the christian is even talking about now?
– He seriously must have written this article just for the reason of wasting people’s time.
– We form beliefs on what we see as ethical and moral and what right and wrong are.
– What society, or different parts of society and the world believe is ethical, or moral.
– What we ourselves believe we are capable, or incapable of doing when it comes to moral, or ethical boundaries we set in place for ourselves.
– We form all kinds of beliefs in regards to personal views and perspectives.
– HOWEVER, what the christian is confusing “belief” with is the same thing that billions of other people confuse belief with, which is “religion” which is “delusion”.
– Unless the christian gives any credit whatsoever to scientology, hinduism, buddhism, islam, Zeus, Odin, Aztec sun gods, or aboriginal spirits.
– Being brainwashed to a delusional belief takes outside influence.
– Simply living your life and observing the world around you, without being force fed religious delusion and then coming to your own conclusions, isn’t brainwashing, but just “not spreading that particular strain of faith virus to others”.
– We evolve our thinking to adjust to the world around us.
– We do this evolving with, or without religion, but the difference is that without religion we learn to be good people because we want to fit into society better, not simply because we feel we have to because of a delusional sky daddy.
– With both sides there are good people and bad people, but for good people to do bad things that takes religion.
The christian finishes….
“So are we born atheist?
Not only are we born Atheists, but some (in fact most) also are born to be victims.
– Victims of religious parents who want nothing more than to infect their kids with the same mental illness that they are infected with and are oblivious to.
So are we born Atheists?
Is Atheism a “faith”?
Is religion nothing more than child indoctrination unless brainwashed when older, by having an emotional vulnerablity exploited by being in that state mind that religious people can brainwash them?